The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Povorcitinib (INCB054707) in participants with moderate to severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) over a 12-week placebo controlled period, followed by a 42-week extension period.
Condition or Disease
|Study Type:||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment:||600 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||A Phase 3, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Efficacy and Safety Study of Povorcitinib (INCB054707) in Participants With Moderate to Severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa|
|Actual Study Start Date:||December 19, 2022|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||March 11, 2025|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||January 30, 2026|
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Diagnosis of moderate to severe HS for at least 3 months prior to the screening visit.
- Total abscess and inflammatory nodule count of at least 5 at both the screening and baseline visits
- HS lesions in at least 2 distinct anatomical areas (examples include but are not limited to left and right axilla or left and right inguinocrural fold), 1 of which must be at least Hurley Stage II or Hurley Stage III, at both the screening and baseline visits
- Documented history of inadequate response to at least a 3-month course of at least 1 conventional systemic therapy (oral antibiotic or biologic drug) for HS (or demonstrated intolerance to, or have a contraindication to, a conventional systemic therapy for treatment of their HS).
- Agreement to NOT use topical and systemic antibiotics for treatment of HS during the placebo-controlled period.
- Agreement to NOT use a diluted bleach bath or topical antiseptic washes containing chlorhexidine gluconate or benzoyl peroxide on the areas affected by HS lesions during the placebo-controlled period. Note: Over-the-counter soap and water is allowed.
- Agreement to use contraception
- Willing and able to comply with the study protocol and procedures.
- Further inclusion criteria apply.
- Presence of > 20 draining tunnels (fistulas) at either the screening or baseline visit.
- Women who are pregnant (or who are considering pregnancy) or breastfeeding.
- Medical history including thrombocytopenia, coagulopathy or platelet dysfunction, Q-wave interval abnormalities, current or history of certain infections, cancer, lymphoproliferative disorders and other medical conditions at the discretion of the investigator.
- Laboratory values outside of the protocol-defined ranges.
- Further exclusion criteria apply.